Wednesday 8 January 2014

Happy New Year

Happy New Year and all the very best for 2014!

I really enjoyed 2013 but I’m super excited about 2014 as some of my closest friends are either getting married or expecting a baby this year- lots of crafting opportunities there.

I had a busy few days just before Christmas getting the last of the commissioned items made! They included a wedding album cover made with a Dr Who theme.
A fabric and leather handbag with lots of buttons as a feature- always a good choice in my opinion!

And a zebra hat for my friend’s adorable little boy. She had a picture of the kind of thing she wanted which I would say was knitted with crocheted features but I crocheted the entire one I made.
Over Christmas I gave my list of things I have to make a bit of a sideline and made some things for myself as a festive treat as well a few things for family members…
A very chunky, crocheted cowl in a lovely rich copper brown for my sister:
A super cosy, knitted, stripy hat which is certainly needed to keep the wind out of my ears at the moment. I made another version for my fella so he's cosy too. By then I was addicted so made one for our niece and a baby sized for one of 2014's new additions ;-)
A black, knitted, narrow cowl to keep the chill of my neck
And a bag for myself which is similar in design to the button bag above but slightly larger. I've been meaning to make something with the gorgeous, map fabric I bought yonks ago. I'm calling it my "Fit For Adventure Bag". I used some PVA glue to cover an old, shank button with aeroplane fabric and added a few other buttons for good measure.

I hope you all had a wonderful, crafty festive period, best wishes for 2014!
Always craft in earnest, Craftin' Ernest x

No comments:

Post a Comment