Tuesday 25 February 2014

Jet Setting Part 1 - Poland

Well, I've had a super busy week jet setting about, as you do. 
As I mentioned in the last post my oldest friend, Becky, married the love of her life, Steve, on Thursday in a truly beautiful ceremony in Poland! The day couldn't have been more perfect and I was truly delighted to be part of it as Matron of Honour and one of the witnesses. The wedding took place in Niepolomice Castle about 25km outside of the wonderful city of Krakow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niepo%C5%82omice_Castle
Krakow is a lovely city with lots to do and see, we went on a few day trips (for example The Salt Mines in Wieliczka), took part in two walking tours and consumed an incredible amount of chocolate at Pijalnia Czekolady Wedel: http://www.wedelpijalnie.pl/pl/o-nas
There were quite a number of shops selling handmade items, including Kiku Miku, below, which sells a wonderful mix of accessories and gifts.
 

I treated myself to a cute, little brooch made from a bottle cap -https://www.facebook.com/MANIFESTO.SHOP

I also bought my sister a pair of earrings as she has a thing about Paris.
These were most deserved as later on the trip, whilst on one of the walking tours, my eagle-eyed sister spotted some wool in the window of a shop which was the first port of call after the tour had ended. There are lots of little passage ways in Krakow hiding all sorts of places and at the end of the one with wool in the front window was this wonderful treasure trove -
It was packed full of goodies, everything from buttons and wool to zips and patches. The brilliantly helpful man behind the counter didn't speak English but was really great, producing all sorts of extra colours of items I was after. Buttons, naturally, were a must and I couldn't resist a few other things. The zips for example were a bargain at the equivalent of 50 pence each! 
I think Krakow is well worth a visit! In the next post, I'll fill you in on Part 2 - Ireland. Until then, craft in earnest, Craftin' Ernest x

No comments:

Post a Comment