Friday 28 February 2014

Jet Setting Part 2 - Ireland

After the delights of Poland we headed for our annual February trip to see the family in Ireland (see last year's February post here- http://craftinernest.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/ernest-in-ireland.html).
As always it was great to see everyone especially as we only made one trip over last year. We flew straight from Krakow to Dublin, then drove west to Limerick in a hire car- here's a handy hint for those not familiar with saloon cars- the don't have rear windscreen wipers so don't go ask the guys in the hire office how to turn them on, you will look silly ;-)

Shopping was once again on the agenda, we concentrated on culture last year after all. We even had to buy another suitcase, definitely a sign of a successful trip! I finally made it into a shop that had caught my eye previously but didn't have the time then to go in, The Art and Hobby Shop: https://www.facebook.com/artnhobbylimerickcity
I'm very glad I got to go in! I bought lots of bits and bobs- a large circle cutter, a set of fabric pens, more washi tape (yes I certainly have fallen in love with the stuff), some ribbon, ink pads and a pack of resin flowers.
I had earlier picked up a a necklace and earring set at the knock-down, bargain price of 1 euro and thought it would be good to use with one of the resin flowers.
Using pliers I removed the horse-shoe charm and replaced it with a small metal disc with a hoop I already had (it was from a long necklace with lots of them dangling off it). All I had to do then was glue one of the flowers to disc. I don't think it looks too bad at all for about 1.30 euro?
My aunt Maxine gave me a chunky green cardigan she knitted, perfect to keep me snug in the evenings! She's very good.
All in all it was a truly fantastic week and I could do with another week off to recover!
Until next time, craft in earnest! Craftin' Ernest x

No comments:

Post a Comment